In today’s The Choice blog, Jacques Steinberg addresses a common concern on the Common Application: What if I don’t have a long list of extracurricular activities? Read today’s post, and check out a preview of his article in this weekend’s special Education Life section of The New York Times.
Whether you spend your after-school hours stocking grocery shelves or heading up the debate team, colleges want to know who you really are. As with your essays, be yourself; share what’s real. They are looking for all sorts of students, and a laundry list of clubs and teams isn’t necessarily better than a single commitment.
Subscribe to our blog
- 5 College Entrance Essay Myths and Facts to Know Before You Write
- Wow Featured in Metro Parent Magazine
- Warm Up Before Starting Your College Essay
- What Do the New Common App Prompts Really Mean? Part 2
- How to Parse the New Common App Prompts
- College Search
- Colleges That Change Lives
- The ACT
- The Choice Blogs
- The College Board
- The Common Application
- Wow on Facebook
- Wow on Twitter