A father of one of our students sent a note to Wow last week, letting us know his son had been accepted to all the schools where he applied early decision, including his primary target, the University of Michigan.
“I think the effort he put in his applications essays paid off,” the father wrote. “He’s also doing very well in his senior year classes. I don’t think writing assignments are as laborious for him since working with you.”
For Wow, 2011 was the year of the happy customer, and we couldn’t be happier. Students and parents have been telling us that Wow’s private college essay writing sessions, classroom workshops, eBook, editing assistance and brainstorming sessions helped the students create stronger college applications. Equally significant, our students are getting accepted to top universities; a majority of 2011 students have already been admitted to U of M – and it’s still early in the admissions game. In addition to U of M, Wow students have been offered admission to Michigan State University, Temple University Honors College, Ohio University, Columbia College and Western Michigan University’s musical theater program.
Here’s some early feedback:
- “The essay writing class was very informative, and I think some of the techniques have even helped me to write literary and rhetorical analysis pieces in my own English class.”
- “You really helped me find my own writing voice and taught me to trust my own abilities rather than to rely on others to perfect my work. I learned so much from you through this process and you have truly inspired me to trust myself and continue writing with confidence.”
- “Thank you so much for helping me discover my voice.”
- “You helped me expand my ideas and thoughts and shape them into great college essays. You walked me through the process step by step, showing me how to clearly present my ideas in my own voice. Now, I understand this process, and my writing has improved tremendously.”
- “Your confidence in me changed the way that I think about writing, and I am definitely a better writer for it.”
And one last word, from a satisfied parent: “I cannot thank you enough for your role in the essay process. Having your resource in the community helped me to confidently do what I need to do — step out of the writing process. Your positive influence has bolstered (my son’s) writing career and writing confidence.”
To all of our students and parents, thank you for your trust and confidence. Happy new year to you and yours.